PROFESSIONAL LEVEL SUBSTRATES FOR MASTER CULTURES
THIS IS A CUSTOM MADE ITEM. AN ORDER INCLUDES 7 QUART JARS.
1.2 lb pound (800 ml) of sterilized USDA Organic rye berries in a GLASS Quart jar.
Glass jars have several advantages over bags for mushroom substrate and spawn preparation. With glass jars:
- Substrate can be handled without disturbing the contents or putting pressure on substrate and mycelium.
- Much easier to initially mix contents and ditribute spores or culture solution.
- When its time to break up and re-mix berries for faster colonization, it can be done with ease without smashing or damaging rye kernels.
- Less chances of damage to outer surface such as tiny holes from handling, shipping, and moving which leads to contamination.
- Less chances of manufacturing defects.
- Glass is cleaner, clearer and BPA FREE.
- Glass jars are reusable and there's less waste and trash.
- The dual 0.2 micron filtered lid with injector site and silicon gasket is reusable.
- Glass transfers heat much better than plastics and makes substrates prepared in glass much less likely to fall to contamination.
As of November 2018, all substrate bags and jars come with an integrated Class-5 Chemical Indicator, indicating that the substrate core was subject to correct Time, Temperature, and Steam and giving a "Pass" or "Fail" with EACH BAG!
A Guarantee of sterility and safety you will only find here at Earth's Tongue.
Rye has been enriched with a house blend of vitamins and calcium for added nutrition.
A propietary Earth's Tongue re-usuable lid with dual 0.2 micron filters, silicon gasket, and injector site is included with this new version of our Rye Jars.
Rye grain has been a substrate of choice for many years amongst mushroom cultivators wordwide due to the availability of good quality organic grains.
Rye can be used to grow basically any species of mushrooms.
Whole grain rye contains a very nutritious base for mycelium, helping to promote strong healthy threads.
All you have to do is inject through the rubber injector site with your favorite spores.
TO MAINTAIN PROPER WATER CONTENT IN JAR, USE 5ccs-7ccs OF SPORES OR CULTURE MAXIMUM. MORE IS NOT BETTER.
Colonizes EXTREMELY fast!
Whole grain rye cannot be used to fruit directly from, therefore it is recommended to be used by the slightly more advanced cultivator. Any of our pre-sterilized casing soils work well with rye.
The colonized rye can also be transfered into more grain bags to multiply spawn (mycelium) very quickly before then transfering to bulk substrate like our casing soils or it can also be cased using a classic msuhroom casing technique.
Doing grain to grain transfers saves a lot of time and spores (or culture) due to the fact that mycelium is already strong and multiplying at a very fast rate, so at the point of transfering colonization can be expected within days instead of weeks. We always recommend an optimal ratio of 1 part mycelium (spawn) to 3 parts bulk substrate (additional grain, casing soil or compost). This is specially true when transfering to a casing mix.