PROFESSIONAL LEVEL SUBSTRATES FOR MASTER MUSHROOM CULTURES & SPAWN
My Absolute Favorite Mushroom Substrate!
Better than ANY grain due to its contact power being multiplied exponentially by the small size of the seed mix providing an AMAZING spreading speed and HIGHLY nutritious mix of seed. Easy to break up and very maleable. ONLY thing better is mixing a blend of seed and grain together with same species to provide speed and long term nutrient storage capability of grain.
6 x 1/2 Gallon (3 Gallons Total) Sterilized Seed Mix Jars with 0.2 micron Filter Strip ready for inoculation by transfer. To be used in glove box or laminar flow hood. OPTIONAL INJECTOR SITE OPTION!
- Sanitize Exterior of Jar (with alcohol or other liquid sanitizer)
- Remove the metal lid in completely sterile work area
- Inoculate with mycelium / spores (solid or liquid)
- Place filter over jar and tighten metal band over filter
As of November 2018, all substrate bags and jars come with an integrated Class-5 Chemical Indicator, indicating that the substrate core was subject to correct Time, Temperature, and Steam and giving a "Pass" or "Fail" with EACH BAG!
A Guarantee of sterility and safety you will only find here at Earth's Tongue.
Our Sterilized SEED MIX has been enriched with a house blend of vitamins and calcium for added nutrition.
Glass jars have several advantages over bags for mushroom substrate and spawn preparation. With glass jars:
- Substrate can be handled without disturbing the contents or putting pressure on substrate and mycelium.
- Much easier to initially mix contents and ditribute spores or culture solution.
- When its time to break up and re-mix berries for faster colonization, it can be done with ease without smashing or damaging rye kernels.
- Less chances of damage to outer surface such as tiny holes from handling, shipping, and moving which leads to contamination.
- Less chances of manufacturing defects.
- Glass is cleaner, clearer and BPA FREE.
- Glass jars are reusable and there's less waste and trash.
- The dual 0.2 micron filtered lid with injector site and silicon gasket is reusable.
- Glass transfers heat much better than plastics and makes substrates prepared in glass much less likely to fall to contamination.
All you have to do is inject through the rubber injector site with your favorite spores or culture.
Colonizes EXTREMELY fast!
Our seed mix CAN be used to fruit directly from it. However is does best if transfered into a bigger substrate. Any of our pre-sterilized casing soils or wood, sawdust, or straw, or compost work well with our seed bags.
The colonized seed can also be transfered into more grain bags to multiply spawn (mycelium) very quickly before then transfering to bulk substrate like our casing soils or it can also be cased using a classic mushroom casing technique or transferred into wood or straw substrate for most edible mushrooms.
Doing seed to seed or seed to grain transfers saves a lot of time and spores (or culture) due to the fact that mycelium is already strong and multiplying at a very fast rate, so at the point of transfering colonization can be expected within days instead of weeks. We always recommend an optimal ratio of 1 part mycelium (spawn) to 3 parts bulk substrate (additional grain, casing soil, sawdust or wood, or straw, or compost). This is specially true when transfering to a casing mix.
****This item may take anywhere from 12-30 days to ship! We always try to get it to you as fast as possible, but everything is meticulously hand made and scrutinized for perfection. Definitely worth the wait! You may check the progress at any time by emailing us.****